Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Joys of Employment

 So today was another miserable Sunday serving an almost endless stream of hungry ,impatient people. Yayyy!! Restaurants.

 But it had some cool points and verrryy uncool points.

 Got finished early with the prepwork. Always nice to get a full break when possible. Used some of that time to help out another employee and scrubbed the floors for them, then went on break. Had a nice vegetarian meal in keeping with the Ango vows.

 When I was about to explode with an attack of the "crankies" my boss took over and let me go help the busser a little since he was behind. then later , even after i was calm he let me just go run some orders for a few. Very nice of him.

 Then the greatest event of all day ( trust me there is sarcasm there). One of the young ladies I work with had some ass smash her driver side window and steal her purse ( which was under some stuff). Apparently they tried to go in the passenger side first and managed to knock her mirror housing off. Shame is , we probably fed that asshole.

 Whole window was busted. Middle of lunch on a Sunday morning/afternoon, and noone saw nothing?

 In a random act of kindness I gave the young lady $40 to help recover some of her loss. I figure, why not help someone out of a jam like that? It's just money and I had some extra cash from getting my vacation pay.

 Asked my boss if he could run my bank card for the amount and I could just get cash. So he said sure and then asked why I needed it.

 I told him who it was for and he was like " Why?"

 So I looked at him with this confused look as the idea didn't even register with him.And just said  " Uhhhh, because her window was just smashed in and someone stole her purse?" Then the point seemed to sink in.

 On the plus side, while it was discovered that the person used her bank card for a $74 purchase ( they move fast nowadays) chances are they are at least on camera somewhere when they made a purchase that big.

 So here's to hopin' .

 _/\_

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully they catch him and kudos to you helping her out. I hope her bank has cancelled her card's ability to make transactions by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's usually cancelled as soon as you call. They just didn't get the call in before the charge. But normally if there is gonna be a police report and such it's no prob having the charge wiped.

    ReplyDelete