Thursday, October 1, 2009

Insights into the Workplace

 I was reflecting last night and today on why it is I let certain co-workers piss me off. I get mad as hell regularly. People don't wanna do what they are supposed to do. I don't always want to do it either. And, no, i'm not perfect. But I do try to complete my job tasks as they are suppposed to be done and in a timely fashion.

 Others just seem to do what they wanna do.

 In thinking about this near daily occurrence, I realized a few things about myself.

 I think I expect them to do it, because that is how people are " supposed" to function at a job, or they are
 "supposed" to not have one. But I realized that it is my expectation that is upsetting me. obviously they aren't doing it now, and I doubt they will start.

 In trying to analyze exactly why it pisses me off, I came to the conclusion that it's not that they fail their responsibilities.It's that they are being fake and think we're all dumb as hell. One or two in particular always act like they always put forth a dilligent effort. When folks complain about people not working, there they are acting like the conversation isn't about them. Act all buddy buddy then ditch out first chance, like we don't know they ditched out and we're stuck with their crap.

But I realized I was just making up conditions and offense. I was getting pissed off for everyone, not just me.
In the end it's just not worth the stress. And there is no Individual Self to take offense. If they think I am dumb or buying their shit, then the joke is really on them. They could even read this blog and would probably say, " Yeah, I hate those types of folks." It's really kind of funny in a way.

 I don't neeed to tell them they are lazy , if they don't know that is their problem. I'm damn sure not paid for the hassle. Management knows and does nothing. So why should I? If the store fails, then oh well off to the next place. I can only do my part and set aside my own selfishness to not get cranky when manager's ask me to do someone else's work.

 But the fact that there is no "me"..there is no "them" is really coming to the forefront. They can't offend me , they can only fling words which I then choose to take personally or not based on the same silly concept of a "me" that is mostly mental construct with no bearing on who we really are in a deeper sense.

Another case of " the only resistance is that which i create in my own mind".

And now I go sit.

_/\_

No comments:

Post a Comment